Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ride the Peace Train


 
It has been a busy week in my paddle world…today is a day of peace…did you find someone to hug today…GREAT news has found me…the doctors have found my issues thanks to a truck driver for the shelter…it is nice to know what is wrong and how to cope with it:)
 
Today was the Peace Breakfast for Sunrise of Pasco to say Thank You to all of those who try so hard to make our community a wonderful place…it was heartwarming to see how many turned out…my videographer Taylor was there to take the opening of our new TV show…the stories of a few women were told- for me this is bone chilling and can transport me back to the worst beating…I am proud of how much better I am doing with this…pull from the inside and rise from those ashes…
 

SunshinePaddle 2014 is starting to book…Debby will meet with me after the new year to sit and plot the trip with me…As Terry and Yoda taught me- Plan Your Paddle, Paddle Your Plan…Volunteers will be needed in every state- this does involve actual work, if you think you can or want to handle it please give me a call at (813)907-6279
 
Sun Ray 2013 is our Pasco Paddle…I have been running like a chicken with my head cut off getting with many local business about goodies for the welcome packages…I have been paddling in the areas looking for any interesting things or things to watch for…I am so excited to show off my county and how amazing our gulf coast is- it will be so cool to share this with all of you…the entrance forms are up and ready to fill out


My friend Tim got a new kayak…we took it to Anclote River Park…I felt special that he chose me to help him break it in…it was a stable ride, though I missed having a rudder…It was an Old Town that he bought off Amazon…got to him in good shape and on time…we had fun



May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes…

Your Girly Pirate,
Captain D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment