Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ever So Busy


Ahoy Mate,

Since we are no longer ‘just an event’, I had to get with the IRS and the State of Florida to change our status…this took many phone calls and much paperwork, but I feel it is all working…I am an automatic 501c as I take in $5000 or less according to the IRS- they said I could file for a letter, but it would cost $400 to file the form and donations were deductable either way- I can live without the letter and they consider me a charitable sports team…with the state there was a ton of paperwork and a declaration of all donations and expenses (I posted a copy of this onsite)…all is done and sent in and in the next 2 weeks I should show up as being a registered…YEA!!!! I have a friend who has stayed on my butt about this- I hate office work, I am thankful for her motivation:)
 
To give more businesses a chance to get in on the entrance packages, I have attended several networking meetings- Pasco/ Hernando Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, East Pasco Networking group, etc...they all let me speak about The Sunshine Paddle and the upcomming events…I have met many interesting people and find it inspiring how many people are working to make a better community…it reminded me of the old town hall meetings- people talking business, eating- really great food, and speaking on ways to make the community shine…totally killer
 

I got Walter on the Weeki Wachee…he is still a newbie, but he tries as he knows how happy it makes me…the river is always a challenge in paddle blade control (unless you paddle like gma)…we were blessed with so many manatee- lots of new moms and calves…Walter enjoyed seeing the sheepshead fish…the was around 72f with an air temp of 50f…it was a really good run
 
Fort De Soto is one of the lovelier parks…there are many different places to launch from…a protected area for newbies to a paddle out to the Skyway Bridge…so much to see…like a child, I always have to stop and play with the very big guns and play in the bunkers of the fort…really there are so many different birds and aquatic animals, I could not do them justice…when you come, bring something to collect seashells in…this park has several beaches and each has its own flavor…really amazing place
 

Now is the time to make your plans for the Sun Ray Paddle…we are working to bring together a great paddle and would love for you to join us…Come paddle with me…

Your Girly Pirate
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment