Friday, December 27, 2013

Concept Absorption


 
Ahoy,

I have been messaged by many of you…I am truly sorry it has taken me so long to reply…First let me state the Paddle of Pasco will happen in April of 2014...

As your Captain…it is my job to keep the paddle safe…due to many health issues that stem from past beatings things have been staggered…they have been a great deal to cope with…not just in a physical sense, but in a mental sense too…it would be a lie to say that it did not- this too is part of the healing…allowing yourself to feel the anger and to let it go…to hold onto that anger will allow the abuser to continue hurting us even when they are no longer there- take that away from them and be special...

I can no longer paddle alone…my family would feel better to be safe…I am trying to work on finding a Sit On Top as my hip has been freezing in the Horizon…it makes getting out really difficult and painful…as a matter fact, yes, I have been sticking to the menu-even with the holidays’…so, I have had a bit to deal with...

I continue to paddle…a few friends have been helping me, paddling with me or sitting on shore and I am so thankful…it is a time of peace and I miss my time alone but, I would rather be safe than sorry:)

I would like to take a moment and thank you all for the love and support to get through this…We here at the Sunshine Paddle wish everyone a healthy New Year and hope to see many dreams coming true…

That Is All...
Your Girly Pirate,

Captain D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment