Thursday, December 21, 2017

Recovery Time


 
Ahoy,

My next doctors visit is in January for the stingray puncture…I am hoping to get permission to get back in the water…the wound traversed ¾ of my foot at the forward, bottom of the inner ankle…who knew one tiny critter could do so much damage…

 
It is with great sadness and heavy heart we observe the passing of Senior Officer and Crew Member Judy Gavinski…a great paddler…she inspired our work to aid families in times of crisis…her being a retired teacher pushed us to do for the teachers and students…her smile and advice will be greatly missed…
 

It was a productive year…in 2017: we had a wonderful paddle – even Skyped with the UK from Durney Key…personally, I obtained my patent and have gone through 2 of 3 of my defenses in my journey to my PhD…many new friends were made, and we got to paddle many new areas…great memories

I look forward to the 2018 Sunshine Paddle...

Carry On,

Captain D
 

 

1 comment:

  1. here's to a great New Year and a safe voyage for all our crew, I have a feeling t will be very memorable. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete