Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful for the Paddle


Good Day Crew,
I have been working at a high production rate this week…the holiday was fast approaching and I needed some down time…I had to finish my class in cellular Detox (got a high B- proud of this as it was not an easy class), cleaning the garden, I got my medical patients ready for their holiday, I am also writing articles of Kayaking.org, taking care of family holiday plans and work on the paddle…can you say busy?????

 I am working on an instructional letter for site usage…this is so The Sunshine Paddle website can be used to the best advantage…thank you for so many updates on how your classrooms are using the site…thank you for responding from so many countries…we do love the snail mail too…what a great way to teach youngsters that e-mail is not proper for everything and how to write a letter…I do respond to ALL snail-mail…it is good to hear how grandparents and home school parents are getting a lot from the site;)

Cleaning the garden helped to bring nature into focus…since I have been on the paddle, my garden had been neglected…until that point I had been quite vigilant so a little neglect did not hurt….the clean up however is important (much like that of the gulf oil spill), when the area is clean- the plants breathe better….when the plants breather better- they clean more toxins from the air, hence I breathe better…after all I have seen of our Florida gulf coast, we are in a recovery stage…this can be seen from the amount of dead loss and missing fish (fish that are known to be in an area that have-hopefully- momentarily disappeared)…the mullet and lady fish seem to be the cockroaches of the gulf…they are everywhere and plentiful….also they keep jumping in my boat…lol

The patients love what I am trying to do and often offer me good information…it is the positive energy they give me that shoves me into the cold water to practice…we talk about menus and supplements…I am a firm believer in being an individual…as my menu is set for that which is happening in my life…I sit and listen and adjust the menu and supplements to that person…it has kept them excelling with me…it does tend to keep all of us healthy and when we do get sick we have an easier time of recovery- most of the time with minimal or no use of prescriptions…

I have now started a series of articles for Kayaking.org…due to the unusual way this paddle has come about; they asked if I could share the story…with my usual open style I accepted…as soon as I find out when they will start running, I will post the link:)

Most of my family was out of the area for Thanksgiving…my husband and I took my parents to the Golden Coral in Zephyrhills…the service was great and restaurant was very clean…the food was amazingly YUMMY…I was allowed to take a quick video at the salad bar (which is OMG HUGE)…no shopping or clean up and you can buy left-overs by the pound…great time

I have spoken to many about the site…added updates to all sites…then early yesterday I had to go to see the computer doctor in Holiday…his wife spoke to me of a county park…Anclote River Park –this is a county park, not to be confused with the state park ‘Anclote Island’

 
Anclote is a small park, but packed with stuff to do…kids playground, swim area, boat launch, fishing area, etc…my husband saw dolphins near shore…they do have a $2 per car usage fee- BIG BANG for your buck here…I launched from the beach and paddled all around the small mangrove islands in the channel…I need a boat mounted camera…I saw so much wildlife above and below the water…I saw several types of fish (even saw one rubbing the dead skin on the coquina) and birds seem to be all shapes, sizes and colors…I saw many kayakers here…fisherman and families on an outing day- quiet and shallow area with clear water, great beginners space...it does not suprise me that pirates loved this area....it was really good fun





 
Side note…the more I paddle the more I note 3 pet peeves…’No Wake’ means you need to go slow- to protect people, animals and yourself…if you have a motor, please makes sure it is well kept- if a dolphin does not have a right to pour motor oil in your home, do not do it to his…most situations can and should be handled with a cool head for the best chance at a good outcome

The Blue Horizon should be home from the kayak doctors at Economy Tackle next week…I plan to pick her up on Saturday (Sunday if weather is bad)…if you want to paddle Turtle Creek Park on Siesta Key in Sarasota, call me (813)907-6279…it is a great beginners paddle and has lots of wild life;)…I plan to be there most of the day...also note there is a campground there...

May QueenAnne’s Revenge be below your hull and your sails above,
Captain Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment