Monday, November 14, 2011

Dancing in the Daylight- Felling Productive


The Blue Horizon is still in dry dock…though Walter has tried several times, since the repair could mean my life, he feels safer with her going to the Yak Hospital in Sarasota (Economy Tackle)…we both have great faith in Dr. George…I am excited as while they work on the Blue Horizon, I can call Lance (941)346-0891 and Rent a Yak...push off Turtle Beach…anyone want to go???

Janice helped me get some books ready to be mailed…people in this situation need education that applies them to a better situation…I called Trish to let her know to expect them and to request the ability to give some items to the local food shelter…we also put together the walkie talkies, digital compass (both are great for kids to learn-but they will not work for us at the moment) and a few books and sent them to the Lutheran Church on SR54 in Wesley Chapel…it is the food pantry in this area…I thought of how many children are in those VERY long lines….keeping their mind occupied gives the parents and staff some peace…educational toys and books give the kids knowledge…how can that be a bad thing???

Walter’s vacation has been spent putting together a rack of the Yaks…this will keep them off the ground and in the shade…also at a level I can work with…I am impressed with his design…it is quite solid, but quite arty at the same time…It is hard to believe it cost less than $30…this pic is when it was only half done, promise I will post full pic soon….

My old computer that handled the pictures died and it too will be on the way to the doctor also….I have been taking the card to Walgreens…they burn me a disk for upload…as this computer is not made for pics and has no card slots

Donations are a big thing for this trip (this is why you do not see adverts all over the pages)…we need all the help we can get…I am trying to be green as possible…Catherine and Paul Cooper of Wesley Chapel have donated all the land maps we will need for the trip and camping guides to the coast…in fact, the maps are just as important as those we got off the computer- with very different details…Mr. Cooper even took time to take my packages to the post office for me…

I have started calling several different schools to let them know this resource is available to them and how it works…it makes my heart swell when they find out that it is free to use…they are so happy…

We went to Fort De Soto to train this week…a really amazing place…the cannon were huge and look as though they could work again if needed…made me feel safe…this beach was loaded with all kind of shells…the fishing pier was busy and 3 fish were caught in front of us…birds of every kind all over the park…you can paddle to the  ‘Sunshine Skyway Bridge’…though please keep in mind the current can be kind of strong, make sure you have the muscle for this paddle

If you have camping or boating equipment that you could donat or loan us please call me (813)907-6279

If you can donate money please click here, every dollar helps

May your sails be full of good Chi…
D


No comments:

Post a Comment