Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pirating in the New Year


The Girly Pirate had to make a treaty with the family to be landlocked this week…went to the beach a couple of times, but weather was too bad for Yakkin around…we didn’t like those waves anyway

The Christmas holiday was good…Santa gave me new paddles, a kindle fire, new sheets, YakPad and Chris’s wife smuggled me in some Thornton’s Chocolates all the way from England…I was a good Girly Pirate this year:)



I have used my time on land to catch up with office work…I have put out more requests for sponsorship…still looking for that camper to be donated…caught up all sites and have written several articles for kayaking.org…starting to make plans for our first workout on the east coast in Feb…I need to find someone to make the Girly Pirate a large flag- I have to be able to see it from the water, so that I can know where to land…

I bought a book (Sea Kayaking Illustrated by John Robinson)…do not judge this book by its cover…I thought it would be full of pretty pics…when it got here, I was disappointed to see the cartoons- until I started reading…for this sport this has quite a bit of very useful knowledge…real pics could not give such a full view so it turns out I am really happy for the cartoon figures now:)


I have been making appearances around Florida…the Blue Horizon loves the children to touch her…I think she sparkles for them…an elementary teacher spoke of how Native Americans used such craft and how The Lady Blue Horizon would help keep mommy’s and kids safe…

Did I tell you how lucky I am to be her Captain?

I am doing all of this through Donations…every penny helps…you can donate at PayPal or mail it in (information listed below)…as you put up your new stuff from the holiday, please remember to send us any camping or boating equipment you may be replacing and no longer need…we are trying to be as green as possible (reduce, reuse, recycle)…as I said earlier, we are still looking for some type of camper…

 Well it is New Years Eve and the Blue Horizon wants to go to the water…I will need to find portage to the water…have fun tonight, wear your best long clothes and don’t end up in the gibbet cages…

Captain D

To reach me with Information or Donations-

Dorraine Cooper-Rooney, LMT
30131 Clearview Dr
Wesley Chapel, FL 33545

(813)907-6279

Dee@Sunshinepaddle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment