Friday, December 16, 2011

Yo, Ho, Ho and a Bottle of Life Water


Good Morning My Crew,

It is the holiday season…being a good Captain, I made sure voices would lift in song and children have presents under the tree…not because I am rich, but because it’s the right thing to do…

This Girlie Pirate was given a blessing for hard work this year early in the week…a special day in Crystal River with the Manatees…I was happy to get the invitation from Crystal RiverKayak…loved the new changing rooms…the water at the 3 Sister Spring was so warm, blue and clear…then out came the beautiful creatures to play with us…Janis and I felt like the most special women on earth…wicked awesome…we got off the water just as the rain started…what a great day!!!!
The SunshinePaddle YouTube has grown…our ‘favorite’ file on that site has music from most every venue and many great educational videos…we have also loaded at least one video for every area we have gone into since that part of The Sunshine Paddle YouTube sites inception…learning to add an invisible third person is not as easy as it sounds…we have really learned a lot about shooting video…anyplace on the website that contains a YouTube box is a clickable link to a video;)

The menu during the holiday has not been easy to maintain…many contraband goodies have been smuggled in…I have only tasted a few treats…my body is in a state of health that limit what I can eat, so when I do eat, it has to carry heavy nutrient…not easy…my system is so clean at the moment that any junk food tends to send me running for the bathroom- not in a good way…I can hardly wait to eat regular food again…I will be cooking the holiday meal this year…Yummers

I got a message from a person who watches the Photobucket…I only crop pics, NO retouching allowed…what you see in a pic is what was there when I was…Florida has a vast amount to offer other than the many Theme Parks and I wanted to be able to show it properly…I have been blessed with a great photo club on facebook…they have helped me immensely at improving my skills and answering my questions…I have also been reading several books on the issue…we have been using many different cameras, hence learning how each works and what among each is universal…this has been kind of fun


I went on a solo trip this week to Anclote River Park…this is a Pasco County Park…makes me proud to be from Pasco County…the people who work here work very hard to maintain this area…it is VERY clean and well kept…I was there at low tide this time…it was still an easy launch…the soil/sand looked quite healthy and active…it was cloudy and cold (65f) when I launched, so I pretty much had the water to myself…I paddled all over the area in Yum Yum and had fun…there were so many animals to see…as the weather cleared some other paddlers came up in some very neat boats…the belong to a racing club…one had a really sweet Epic Kayak…I got home, got Yum Yum washed off and put up…I was a tired Girly Pirate and feeling quite accomplished…

After speaking with George at Economy Tackle, I knew the Blue Horizon was in trouble…he had spoke about calling the manufacturer…I called Perception (they own the Dagger Brand) and a nice young woman listened to my problem…she was very helpful and hope was restored…George was right all along, this gave him permission from the manufacturer to alter the bulkhead and now she was to be fixed…late yesterday afternoon, George called to say she was ready for pick up…I have patients today so, I am going Saturday and I am so psyked for this…I can hear her calling me…The Lady Blue Horizon is ready to get in the water and I am so ready to take her…I think I will launch from the gulf side of Turtle Beach…maybe Gayle at SiestaKey Bungalows will have room for me and I can stay on the water all day…hmmm…I will keep you posted…
Donations of a YakPad from Florida and Binoculars from Ohio get a big thank you…it is really a green trip as everything is a donation…many people are putting in effort to bring this even together….I would like to thank them for the time and effort…thank you to those who donate by mail, paypal or the website…every contribution helps make this a reality…I am ever so appreciative…
I would like to close with a great thought- We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came. A quote from John F. Kennedy:)

The Girly Pirate,

Captian D






No comments:

Post a Comment