Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paddle Crazy


Greetings My Crew,

It has been busy…as any good Captain it is important to stay on top of as much as possible…setting a priority list is always very important to keeping kayos to a minimum

I am a full time student and my current class has been hard work…education is always valuable…as a person with Battered Women’s Syndrome, I find that it is actually a stress reliever…it is empowering and worth every minute of my time…in my current class we are speaking about global warming…oops…not PC, climate change…how much of this phenomena do you think I will see on my trip and in what forms???

After a week of paperwork and appearances…I am a tired Girly Pirate…my husband was missing our friends at Siesta Beach Bike and Kayak…so we early Saturday we left for the Island…Lance greeted us and had a kayak waiting at the beach for us…we got out there for 3 hours…the water was empty except one guy fishing from his kayak and some skullers off in  Little Sarasota Bay so, we had the whole park just for us…the aviary was a lively place and the birds did not seem to mind us at all…when we got back we were so hungry….

Lance recommended ‘Walt’s Fish and Chips’ in Sarasota…good food and great service- A cool place for Girly Pirates…the waitress donated a ‘Walt’s Pirate Haven’ T-shirt…it was a wonderful day...I feel blessed




A woman who had overheard me speaking to the waitress, left the restaurant and came back and handed me a flag…she had made a donation to the American Vets that were outside- they gave her the flag and she to me…she said many of the disabled vets wish they could go and this way I could take them with me…she was a nurse at the VA in Tampa and asked to remain anonymous…the whole thing makes me want to cry

This morning, we were off to home depot…when suddenly balloons started landing in the middle of the road in a back neighborhood...American Balloon Rides were giving rides around the area…I showed Walter the crosswind at the high elevation…I also saw the cranes following the ultralight…here in Florida it seems, we swim with the fish and fly with the birds:)


Tomorrow is Monday…Janis and I will be headed to Crystal Rive Kayak…paddling with the Manatees is fun…I hope we can stop at Emily’s Restaurant in Homosassa…this is a 50s style place with good food…it will be the last time for a while that Janis can come play with us as she will soon have family visiting

Starting February 1 we will be confirming all Days (1-39)…if you have a place we can stay for the night, if you want to meet us, if you want to bring us a meal or if you live on the coast and can give me the call letters, phone number and address of your local news/ radio stations- I would be very thankful…

Everyday I see my dream…

Your favorite Girly Pirate,

Captain D

No comments:

Post a Comment