Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Would You Do With a Girly Pirate?

Ahoy Mate,
Monday at Crystal River went very well…Janis went with me…JC launched us from CrystalRiver Kayak……since there were so many snorkel people; I started to paddle out toward the gulf and came upon a basin…suddenly the boat was moving by itself…the calves’ were playing with my boat (kind of like a Tonka truck in the sand box)…all the cows were hanging out to one side (reminded me of women in a coffee clutch)…the kids were snorting hot breath up my back and tapping on the boat…Janis and I got to speak to many people about the paddle…we did good time on the water and was able to stop at Emily’s Restaurant…always worth the stop- good food/clean/friendly staff/fair prices…Yes, I do like the place:)

I spoke to Trish at the shelter…we need donations…she suggested I make some personal appearances since I cannot afford table fees at many of the upcoming events…I ran an advert in a local shopper type of paper called ‘The Flyer’ too…

I tried to gain some help from an RV company that could well afford it…the man spoke to me about one price- when I came up with money to meet his price he tried to double it…when this happens it is called ‘Bait and Switch’…people like this have very messed up karma- you do not want to be there when it hits the fan…even if he offered me something for free now I would not take it, NO bad Karma here or allowed near this trip:)

Our local hockey team may be terrors on the ice but, off the ice are well known through the community have been leaders among men…they take time for charities, community events and their families…their actions in the community speak so loudly that they can be heard throughout the Tampabay Area…



Saturday brought with it The Kumquat Festival in Dade City…many hands to shake and pictures to take…I got to try some kumquat jelly…the funnel cakes were great..Nathan went with me…we talked to several people about the paddle…the nice lady from the Pasco County fair knew who I was and had questions…the car show was really cool- so much muscle…Nathan brought the kids back to ride on the camels…what a really great day


I had received an invitation to paddle the Weeki Wachee from Curt at PaddlingAdventures…mornings like these are a true blessing and should never be taken for granted…around every corner was a new treat- animal, structure or nature…it was all Curt had promised and then some…you can never go wrong with a man who has a squirrel for a friend…

The Mermaidsof Weeki Wachee are real and I got to meet them…full of beauty and grace…this brings a whole new level to the term roadside attraction…I now understand why young ladies of Florida dream of being a Mermaid…the park was very clean and well organized…The Mermaids were very supportive of my goals and send their positive energy with me on my quest…


Every day I see my dream…

 Your favorite Girly Pirate,

 Captain D


No comments:

Post a Comment