Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Story of Wilma and Betty


For months the question has been what would the ground crew be driving up the coast…I have pushed for donations, but we did not get enough in time…you see, we must prepare these vehicles for this trip and that does not happen overnight…the mechanic has been waiting on me to find something…everything we have looked at ran into some problem…I feel it will cost less to use a pop up in gas and insurance…after much research it will also carry the least carbon footprint…I also needed something that would be easy for women to handle…

 I own a truck…since the distance at any point in the trip will be less than 100 miles, I had thought of this before…it is an old Chevy, but in good shape…much like the Blue Horizon…with a little love, she will be ready to go…Meet Miss Wilma


Trolling craigslist for months has not been easy…a few weeks ago; I got a hold of a nice young woman…if what she was saying was real, it was a good deal…I spoke to my husband (who has been an ever present tower of strength) and he said if I could not get donations to find a way to buy it…so I did

The young lady met me up on SR50…it was as she had said and I bought it…it is in decent shape, but is old and needs help…I have to pick up the ball for the truck and want to check a few other things out for it…I will go up to bring her home Friday and I am so excited…Meet Miss Betty

I will keep you posted on how they come along:)

No comments:

Post a Comment