Monday, May 7, 2012

Wenches on the Benches


Good Day to You,

 I am excited and moody as any good Captain is before a major voyage…trying to get all my loose ends tied up…let me fill you in

Massage clients have been coming in to get worked on….this is my first vacation in 8 years…I have only had 3 sick days in that time…so this is the first time for them to have me gone…I am blessed with such love and support- they understand what I am doing is important…
American Boudica Publishing and The Circle of Boudica have been turned over to ChrisBilton….he and Rose have been great while I accomplish this goal…how many business partners would say- ‘Go Follow Your Heat’…I was blessed when he found me:)

My personal blog is open, but I will not post there until I get back…this way all of the information is still available…

School was supposed to be done by now…a few classes were added on to give me more knowledge…so I will still be in school while on the paddle…this will not be easy, but the teachers and I are prepared for it

Walter and Harold have made sure the truck and camper are ready to go…new tires, brakes, gone through the motor, ripping out the sink and propane, etc…stripping all dead weight will help with gas mileage…they wanted to make sure we were safe so they have added panic buttons in the truck camper and boat- this will call the police or coast guard should problems occur…I have left a copy of all paperwork (registrations, insurance, license, list of all medications, etc) with the shelter to keep everything safe and legal…

 

Channeling Captain Phil…I remembered a ‘Deadliest Catch’ when he goes to the grocery store to get ready for the trip…this was a helpful show to get ready for this trip…it made me think on the entire trip and what would be needed in our stores to keep us going…


I have been running to Hudson Beach or Anclote River Park as they are both close to the house…any questions I had were erased by my animals…Fred came over to Anclote…he was here at the start and, like any of my human coaches, he let me know that I was ready for this…the manatees from Crystal River came down to Hudson…it was fun to play with them…they let me know, I would see them when I got back- this was kind of sad…flipper and his dolphin crew came out to play at both parks…it would not surprise me to see them on the paddle…I do not own them, but they feel they own me…lol…I had a bald eagle land on the front of Yum Yum….40 pounds dropping out of the sky on an 8 foot yak…I almost flipped-freaked me out-the talons are huge…then I thought ‘how cool is this’…the whole time he was summing me up…I felt like a soldier being given orders…I have seen him watching me in the yard…I guess he is going with me too…


C and N Renovations loaned me a shade tent and cooler (this is big enough to hide a body…lol)…Pepsi (Tampa Bottling 30th St) hooked us up with some Lifewater and Aquafina, they also tricked out The Lady Blue Horizon…Tim O’Hara is hooking up cameras and music- thankfully he is a teamster and knows the importance of both…The Florida Winery has donated the months tip jar to the shelter as promised- A big Thank You…Attitudes Hair Salon has also made a promised donation to the shelter- another big Thank You…I am proud to be among such fine people…EVERYDONATION HELPS

Each port of call will be unique…I have several friends who will be stopping to see us…I have offered to speak in a few ports…my family is spread along the coast and I will get to see many of them…All through my practice- I have been picking up bits and pieces for the children who will visit…Debby and I will empty the truck on the way up and go shopping to fill it on the way back…lol…that’s what Walter is afraid of:)

Your Favorite Girly Pirate,

Dorraine Cooper-Rooney, LMT

Captain of the Lady Blue Horizon



No comments:

Post a Comment