Sunday, July 29, 2012

Workin the Dream



Ahoy,

We are currently in port getting ready for our next voyage…most of the crew is on leave and I feel there are a few things to keep you up on…

I have graduated with a Bach of Science in Natural Medicine…I am currently going after my Masters…honestly, never dreamed I could make it to grad school…education is good at any age…it does however make you work you rear off- in the end it pays off…


I have been dealing with an area soaked in rain with flooding all up and down the coast…I went back to Anclote River Park…many of the animals have started to return…I had a helicopter buzz me…I got a hoot out of it…there was a tribute to a Captain Mike on one of he islands- I stopped long enough to pick flowers and place them, I did not know him- it just seemed the right thing to do

One of my workouts was done at Wet-n-Wild in Orlando…Walter and Tristan went with me…what a great time…I was impressed with how well it was operated and how clean it was…we had a really good time…I was able to get a Florida resident weekday discount tickets for Walter and I, this way when friends come to Orlando we can meet them over there and I can go over monthly to work out in their pools…too cool



Cherie will be going with me tomorrow to Siesta Key…I called Lance at Siesta Key Bike and Kayak- he is psyched…I have not had a chance to see anyone down there since my trip…I am really looking forward to it



I was asked about how often I am in the water…the answer is 3-4 times a week (weather permitting)…at least 3 times a month I do swim sessions…after a recent attack on a female rower, I have been asked about my safety…I have several panic buttons that call the USCG and police around my person at all times…the boats and my PFD are rigged with security webcams….smile you are on candid camera…I want to go over to the other coast in the middle of August…anyone got any ideas where is cool to paddle over there???

Your Captain D
The Girly Pirate

 

No comments:

Post a Comment