Sunday, October 30, 2011

Surf Dreams


I have felt in hell all week with The Blue Horizon in dry dock….I am ready to have her back in the water…I know George and Walter are going to make sure she is fixed properly and that it is best to have patients, but I feel the pull of the water and I can feel her straining for it too…

I have been sitting down on a table out back, working with my paddle to keep my shoulders from freezing…it gave me a chance to work on issues with my stroke…I got to video myself out of the Yak, play it back and adjust myself…I also put together a standing workout with my paddle…it builds coordination of body parts and builds paddling muscle…becoming one with the paddle may sound quite Zen, but it may save my life…

Marion is back to pushing safety videos…I have read every safety manual she can find, then we did safety blogs and now I have graduated to videos…yippy skippy

Janice and I took Yum Yum to Honeymoon Island…lack of salt water was getting me depressed…Janice got plenty of video and I was able to see how my stroke had improved…the water was around 72f….brrrr…I have to paddle through winter this year so, I better get used to it…air temp was about 88f…the water was CRYSTAL clear…Fred came out to greet me…he had a friend join him-though the friend was sent away quickly…Janice got to see him sitting just off shore waiting for me…I kind of think it funny- not too many women can say they have a pet shark, I DO NOT feed or pet him- he is wild…though I do talk to him and he does respond to me…very odd relationship

I am currently in class for ‘Detox and Healing’ at a cellular level (not from drugs)…I am finding the flush (they call it a fast) worth my time…my body is clearing out…glad I got to do this during fall…all my fave fruits and veggies for this are in season…feeding my muscles straight nutrient is giving me a clean burn

Next week will be quite busy and I hope to spend Friday in Sarasota…I am dying to launch off turtle creek again…it is my hope I will be able to take the Blue Horizon on this journey…fingers crossed…I need to see about making a cockpit cover…please remember all of this runs on dontaion...time, advice, equipment, help snd money...give us the ability to pull this off and we are thankful for any and all consideration;)

May the wind be at you back;)

D
If you want to Jump to our other pages-
Photobucket- paddle sites in sub-albums on right

No comments:

Post a Comment