Thursday, March 1, 2012

Less than 3 months to go….




Good Tidings Mates,

We are now under the 3 month point until the launch…much has to be prepared…fixing Wilma, supplies, gas, food, etc…it all runs on donations and we really need help to make this happen…every donation helps





Friday (02/17/12) found me at Withlacoochee River Park for The Primitive ArtFestival…walking among history was really fun…from Tee Pees to Old Cracker Houses…classes on how to make an arrow from stone…it amazed that I did not see a parking lot full of school buses…this would have been a cheap fieldtrip…with big impact on educational value…I walked down by the river and thought about how strong the settlers of this area had to be when I saw a gator splash in the water…the park ranger stopped to tell me of plans they had to make the park better…I thought it to be clean, good layout and well kept


Saturday (02/18/12) found me on the way to Siesta Key…Lance had asked Walt and I to come down…I felt it a safe first paddle since Walt’s surgery…we rented the kayak at Siesta Key Bike and Kayak…we did not paddle for too long as I did not want him to be too tired…the birds seemed to have care for Walt and came close in to make sure he was okay…it was quite funny to watch…The brown pelicans swim almost as much as they fly…they are like having a team of comedians hanging out…there seemed to be one every place we looked that day



Sunday (02/ 19/12)-Tuesday was time to do school work and treat clients…Janis reminded me that I need to be able to swim distance in case something happens…it has been a while since I was just made to swim…we hunted through the parks in Pasco…Janis offered to help me with a press release…she will also be releasing it to all news and media stations…if you live on the east coast, please e-mail me your local news and weather stations…this would be very helpful

Wednesday (02/22/12) Janis and I found New Port Richey Aquatics Center…this is a well kept secret…it is a well kept very clean facility…it has a weightroom, 2 gyms, tennis courts…kiddie pool, water slide, dive boards and heated lap pool…I could hardly believe the entrance fee for an adult was only $7 for the day…the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and polite…a young man was teaching his daughter to swim…Janis and I had to lend ourselves to help him…lol…being a good dad is so important to a young girl, that I always stop to pat one on the back…


As we grow closer to launch date my nerves are flying…I do not know if I could put in order all of the emotions I am feeling…I will be away from my family, friends and pets to accomplish my goal…they are all important, but so is my goal…

On Friday (02/24/12) I had to take my final exam in Political Science…I did well and finished the class with an A…my new class is dietary influence on disease…the phone rang and a friend recommended going to the ‘Little Everglades Combined Driving Event’ on Saturday…another friend mentioned the ‘Zephyrhills Cruise In’ in downtown Zephyrhills…I call Trish to tell her of the happenings and I got wrangled into a play…it is called the ‘Vagina Monologues’…when will I get to the water…the Horizon is calling me to the water

Saturday (02/25/12) for me at a dead run…first was reading for the play…this did not bother me and was really kind of fun…from there I was off to the Little Everglades Ranch…though they hold a steeple chase every year, this was my first time to attend an event there…It was very beautiful…well set up and had so much going on…it was well organized and offered a lot of entertainment for those of every age…



Later Saturday night, Walt took me to the ‘Zephyrhills Cruise In’…so many vintage and race cars…impressive engines sparkling everywhere…music filled the air of Main St and you were transported to a Hollywood movie set…what a great time

Monday (02/27/12) I went to International Auto Parts in Spring Hill…I brought Wilma over for Jessie to check out…he will be going to the junk yard in the next week or so to look for parts for her…

Tuesday (02/28/12), Walter took me to Weeki Wachee…this was his first paddle of the river...Curt at Paddling Adventures was ready for us…I tried to explain to him about the current and teach him to use the paddle as a rudder…the signs of spring were everywhere and there was a different group of wildlife…made for an interesting day

Wednesday, I spent the day processing pictures and upgrading the site…I spoke to several people about the paddle…this is all being done by donation and I am trying to do my best to make it happen


Today was a fun day at the Florida Estates Winery on SR 52…Walter was the designated driver and mom went with me to a wine tasting…I did not know we would have such flavorful wine…aye, I liked the orange and strawberry port the best…mom had a good time



Saturday, I have play practice and will be going down to Siesta Key after…if you want to join me, let me know…a busy Girly Pirate be I…time to hoist the anchor



Your Captain Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment