Friday, March 9, 2012

Too Far Gone


I have been asked ‘what if’ concerning The Sunshine Paddle…we are just under the 66 day point…this trip is about to happen… I have the bulk of the stuff we need bought…

I have been training and studying for this for more than a year…the help from so many souls made my job easier…I have always felt blessed…as you have watched on the Website it has not always been as easy, but with such a good cause as Sunrise of Pasco- it has always been worth it…the side effect is educating parents and children…how can that ever be a bad thing...
I foresee an adventure…one hopes it to be a happy one…13 states, 39 stops in 39 days (the day count depends on weather) via kayak…I am not running for office…It is my hope to bring attention to the amount of women disappearing or hurt or dead and how high those numbers are climbing…not to mention what is happening in front of children…we need to stop the violence…Many people have said they want things to change…so please help me change them

I need help……if you have family or friends along our route, please ask them to check us out if they have time…any help at this point would be great…I am trying to put together food and fuel…this is not easy as prices keep climbing…we are grateful for every penny…if you can manage to help I would be thankful…if you cannot help, maybe you know someone who can and could talk to them for me

At this moment you can mail us a check or money order made out to Sunshine Paddle…you can also donate through PayPal on the Sunshinepaddle.com…as of Tuesday afternoon you will be able to go to any Sun Trust Bank and donate directly to the Sunshine Paddle…all donations are tax deductable…

We appreciate your support in this endeavor:)

Thank you,

Captain D

No comments:

Post a Comment