Sunday, April 1, 2012

Omnipresent State of Mind

‘Captain on Deck’-

At ease people,

It has been a busy few weeks as we prepare for the east coast…

As many of you know, I have been running over to the park at Hudson Beach for the last few weeks to practice…I have noted a few of the manatees I had seen at Crystal River had found their way down…there are several dolphins at this park too…the birds here are quite comical and the people friendly…this beach is clean and well cared for…well worth the $2 fee (I am surprised it is not $5)...


The PioneerFlorida Museum and Village was quite interesting…we were invited to attend ‘Train Day’, but I found out much about Pasco and Florida history...I bounced from exibit to exibit like a child…the price for this was family friendly…all of the staff was so polite…I really loved the old school house…the train depot was much like one my grandfather ran in Maine…I got to talk to a lot of people about the paddle and the reason for it, so it was a win/win…I love days like that:)

Stephen at Congo River Mini Golf in Port Richey offered me a discount for Walt and I, if I would come check him out…we had great fun…Walt kicked my behind…the place was clean…we enjoyed feeding the gators and Koi…though it was a hot day, the waterfalls and fans were awesome and kept us cool




The play last evening made me a Vagina Warrior…it was a flawless show that really made people think…it was a full house and all had fun…One Billion Rising is for everyone across the planet- I have heard many people say they wish they could help…you can- check it out…



Tomorrow Debby Brooks will come aboard as my second in command…she will be the Pilot of Wilma and Betty…we are now going through the trip- remeasureing, reconfirming, packing and making sure everything is in place…Marilyn Peacock is keeping us organized…I should have a final itinerary posted Friday



I need help with gas and food…please- even if it is only a quarter…Please donate…you can do so through any Sun Trust Bank in the country or through the mail or through PayPal…if you do not think I will make it call Trish or Lil at the shelter and pledge a penny a mile (352)521- 3358 - if I do make it you will only owe around $13.50…if you believe in what I am going to accomplish- help me, donate…I will use this paddle to stand up for battered and abused women…May 15 will be here soon…where will you be???

I would like to thank the many of you who are making this possible…sharing information, donation goods and services, monetary donations…all have been needed and appreciated…It is also my intention to thank the many Kayakers who have taken time to teach me and gone out of their way to make sure I know what they feel I need to make this trip…we have raised a lot of money and gotten much accomplished


Blessed Be,
Captain D

No comments:

Post a Comment