Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling Blessed

On 10/3/11, Janice and I took Blue Horizon down to the Kayak Doctor at Economy Tackle…the Yakima Foam System worked great…I went down I75 to Sarasota at around 60 m.p.h. and had no problems

Lee worked on her rudder and Allen decked her with new bungees…while I watched in fascination, Janice walked around the store…she got me a better PFD than what I had, 2 spray skirts (a neoprene and a canvas), reflective tape and an orange vest- all on sale…Allen spoke to me about Yakkin…very wise man with a lot of good information…when they were done Janice and I both got so excited and wanted to get her in the water…the guys sent us to Turtle Beach

Turtle Beach was a great launch…we met some guys from Ohio who helped us get the boat off the car and into the water…YEA…I paddled up, down and all around the canal to learn how my rudder worked and she had much more length than Yum Yum…OMG…she is so fast and powerful…I know she will be given to the museum…I am just enjoying the privilege to be her captain for a short time…we saw many lady fish jumping…the brown pelicans were interesting, I have never seen a bird dive so deep or for so long without being at sea…

On the 10/5, I put through all the web and picture updates…I have also stared contacting some of the groups recommended to me by other Yakkers…the Yak community is ever so helpful, it is one of the best things about this sport…

It was the 6th when I heard from Greg Pflug…he and the crew are going to help me with my skill set…that will put me in Orlando next Thursday…I also sent a lovely book to my 2 favorite girl scout leaders...I hope to inspire them

I am getting to see a side of Florida that most people think no longer exists…it is very beautiful…if you plan to visit Florida, may I suggest spending ½ a day in a kayak…take only pictures and leave NO footprint, see the beauty of nature…it really is money well spent;)
On the 8th you can find me at Dunedin Causeway…I hope to have some friends join me for a trek around the Smith Islands…Walter will be following me on Yum Yum…I am very excited, he does not get to join in often…



Tonight I will ride the wave to sleepy land feeling blessed...thank you all for sharing it with me;)

Blessed Be,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment