Sunday, October 2, 2011

Making Lemonade

So much has happened…

I got a call from MA…Monique’s husband…the New Day went from a 14ft Fiberglass to an 8 ft plastic Kayak (sit in)…;/this is not good for what I am doing, that size is good for rivers and lakes…so we will sell it in MA and Monique will send me the money to help us with the Trip…if you are interested please e-mail Monique

The Blue Horizon is considerably bigger than Yum Yum…I have spent the week trying to find a car carrier or the money to purchase one…on Saturday I was able to get Yakima Foam System From Dick’s for $25…I was also able to get a drybag on clearance;)..I need to go back and get the spray skirt and hatch cover

I have gotten offers of help on the rudder and bungees from Crystal River Kayak and Economy Tackle…since I will be in Sarasota next weekend, I will go by Economy Tackle…in 2 weeks I will be in Crystal River and stop at CR Kayaks, I want to say hello to the woman who started me on this paddling addiction;)

Updates have been placed throughout the website…from the Photobucket to the YouTube and even this Captain’s Log…you can find us on facebook under The Sunshine Paddle…as soon as we have confirmed a landing we will post a conformation page, you can get to it by hovering over the page for that day…those pages will be use for our own pictures and information;)

I have been learning to use several different types and styles of cameras for this trip…I am thankful to my ‘Photo of the Day’ group of facebook for teaching me so much…it is a good mix of photographers and picture takers…light, focus and composition are easier said than done;)

On 10/8, I plan on being in Sarasota for the day…we have a whole group going…come be part of the fun…e-mail or call me (813)907-6279…I will be taking Blue Horizon on her sea trials…Janice will be holding down the sand…lol…she is good at working the land camera…I am so very excited…Sarasota…YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always we are looking for donations…if you have boating or camping gear hiding in your closet or garage…call us (813)907-6279 (we prefer used over new items/ reduce, reuse, recycle)…the only 2 big ticket items left are the camper and a laptop…several small items are needed though…We also need cash donations to be able to make the trip for food, gas and supplies that must be bought fresh…every person counts and every dollar helps…we are able to track every dollar spent and post it as a donation, unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous…I and the rest of the Yak Crew are ever so thankful


Many Blessings,

D  

No comments:

Post a Comment