Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Girl Update

Last weekend was a wash…lightening, high wind and rain were not things to be kayaking in when you do not HAVE to…I actually got slightly depressed from being off the water :/…

I worked hard at the office work…either people love what I am doing or they placate me, thinking I will never accomplish my goal…I will make (I can see myself with goal accomplished)…I do have 2 more sites confirmed (Cape Lookout- I will need to tent camp there, Canoe River Campground in MA) …GA is afraid I cannot accomplish my goal…Fred Hay better hold on to his jeans…the waters of GA may fight my paddle, but I fight back…semper-fi;)..I also ordered 2 books that Terry Brawley recommended from Amazon…He is from Easy Kayaking and has a huge wealth of knowledge…I am so glad Yoda sent me to him to learn…I am pushing for donation of the last 2 big ticket items (camper and laptop)…I need to start loading both, fingers are crossed…

On Thursday, I went for a 5 lake paddle in Winter Park (cute, little, sleepy town) with some of the very top paddlers I met through meetup.com and Greg Pflug…I learned ever so much…it was an amazing morning…the sun coming up over the water…the canals from lake to lake were so beautiful, my breath caught in my chest…this is one of those times when pictures don’t hold a candle…it seemed like each paddler took time to teach me different things…I really felt blessed…we then went to breakfast at a cute diner with good food…the guys then spoke of other things I need to keep in mind to accomplish the task set forth…listening and being able to ask questions, was just too cool…everyone was very positive


I worked hard on Friday to be able to have the weekend off…Saturday, I was supposed to have a group go with me off Dunedin causeway…when no one showed up:/, Walter offered to try (he is not big on being in the ocean)…he did good until we got to the shipping channel…the Horizon handled well…the light chop had NO effect on her…guess who greeted me…Fred or at least that is what I have named him…he is a sand shark with a damaged dorsal fin- I do not have his picture yet…he was swimming beside me…glad Walt did not see himJ

I feel blessed…I am being given every water condition to paddle in…I am learning from people who do major tours via kayak…at times, I am left alone…it gives me time to work out the lessons and be one with the Blue Horizon…I have now lost 60 pounds and I feel great…my back and shoulders feel like they have wing span…lol...I have kept the Photobucket and Youtube updated as well as The Sunshine Paddle site...

Next week, The Blue Horizon will be getting some adjustments made…I need some extra seats…for this, I need someone who can sew…you see they no longer make The Magellan Class of Dagger Kayaks any longer…so I cannot go buy one…it will need to be made…please call me (813)907-6279…I need help adjusting her rudder pegs…her stern bulkhead needs shured up, I am getting both done to be safe…OMG…though I do not own this boat- the Sunshine Paddle Event does, I am her Captain, it is my responsibility to keep her safe

This morning I am off to Anclote State Park…a new place to launch from, I will get pics…since it is opposite to Dunedin, I wonder if Fred will find me…I like him but, always keep in mind he is a wild animal with a lot of teeth;)...May the wind be at your back and your paddle glide on water...may you enjoy all life has to offer you…if you want to paddle with or have a paddle you think I could join, give me a call (813)907-6279 …if you would like to donate please e-mail or call (813)907-6279 or go to the site- fund raising tab and use the pay pal button…thank you for any and all help;)

Be Blessed,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment